You walk into Dublin Carpet or another flooring store and you wonder what color hardwood floor would be best for your home. Should you get what’s in style? Or the color that you’re attracted to the most? What factors should you consider? Let’s start with some items to consider in your analysis:
- What do you like, what do you prefer?
- What is the style of your home? What is the style of your decor?
- Do you have a busy household?
- Do you have pets?
- How often do you clean?
- How particular are you when it comes to dirt showing?
- What are the sizes of the rooms? How much light do you get in the rooms in question?
- What colors are the walls (and/or will you be changing the paint color)?
- What goes best with your furniture?
- What color are your cabinets and what looks best with them?
The best approach is to start with what you like. Evaluate how much the floor samples match your home’s style, décor, and surroundings. This is the easy part as you will find somethings will quickly not match up. Others will stand out as great how they are. There will then be wood flooring samples that are in the middle ground.
Right away you can eliminate all the ones that look wrong. Focus your attention on the colors that stand out in a good way. Sometimes, you will find a clear winner. Other times, the floor looks great by itself but won’t mesh with other parts of your home. It’s a great idea to take the samples around to different points of the room to find the one that matches the best in those areas. This may seem tedious but it’ll be well worth it.
Dublin Carpet has been a family owned business over the course of several decades and we strive to provide both traditional and cutting-edge flooring for all your needs. Please contact us today if you have any questions or would like to check out some of these innovative trends.