Hardwood floors are known for being durable, timeless, and luxurious. They have many characteristics that benefit a home, and when properly taken care of they can last for a very long time. Here are five reasons why people love hardwood flooring, plus the average Fremont residential flooring cost!
- Appearance. Hardwood floors are known for their natural and elegant appearance. They can brighten up a room or give it a warm and cozy feeling, depending on the type of wood used.
- Durability and Longevity. This is one of the main reasons why people love hardwood flooring: they last longer than other types of flooring such as carpeting and linoleum! While it is true that over time you may have to resurface, replace planks and refinish your hardwood floors, they are much less overall maintenance than carpeting.
- Cleanliness. Hardwood floors are easy to keep clean because of the smooth surface. All it takes to permanently stain a carpet is one glass of red wine – the same wine spill on a hardwood floor could be cleaned up instantly with paper towels and a spritz of cleaner. To keep your floors looking shiny, all you need is a quick sweep or damp mop to get rid of any dirt and dust.
- Resale Value. Hardwood floors add value to your home when it comes time to sell. Many buyers are looking for homes with hardwood flooring because it is a highly desirable feature.
- Recyclable. Unlike some types of flooring, hardwood floors are environmentally friendly because they are made from natural materials. When you eventually replace your hardwood floors, the old ones can be recycled and used in other products.
These are just five reasons why people love hardwood flooring! There are so many more, especially when you hire knowledgeable local installers.
List of Contents
Fremont Residential Hardwood Flooring Cost
The Fremont residential flooring cost to install hardwood flooring will vary depending on the size of your home, the type of wood you choose, and the installation process. However, the initial cost and installation will generally be more expensive than other types of flooring such as carpeting or linoleum.
Installing hardwood flooring averages between $6 and $12 per square foot. On average, per foot of materials, wood flooring costs between $3 and $7 per square foot and $3 to $5 per square foot for labor.
Average Cost to Refinish Hardwood Flooring
The cost to refinish hardwood flooring depends on what type of wood you have and how worn or damaged it is. Refinishing is different from resurfacing: it involves sanding down the top layer of the floor and applying fresh stain and lacquer over the existing wood. All this requires is a drum sander, stain, and lacquer!
The typical price range to refinish hardwood floors is between $1,074 and $2,485, with the national average at $1,757. It will always be cheaper to refinish hardwood floors rather than replacing them.
Shop Hardwood Flooring
If you’re looking for a reliable and reputable Dublin flooring company, look no further. We carry all the best styles and brands of wood floors. Let us know if we can help with any questions about your next home remodeling project! Give us a call at (925) 833-0165.