It was only a few years ago when flooring was all gray or similar hues of gray. In fact, for most of history, flooring has remained of similar hue and shade. However, there is a new trend called high variation flooring.
What is High Variation Flooring?
High variation flooring is exactly what it sounds like. The flooring has a diverse variety of colors and hues. Each plank will differ in size and color. It can come in the form vinyl, hardwood, laminate, and even tile. This creates sharp contrasts and variety. This resembles the natural look around you which has a mix of many colors. It resembles somewhat like a mosaic but also creates a beautiful pattern that looks modern and trendy.
High variation flooring means that your floor will have more variety in colors and shades. It’s a unique design among wood, wood-look and tile flooring. Those types of floors typically come in a similar color pattern, but high variation creates more of a statement with its design.
Where to Use High Variation Flooring
Larger rooms benefit more from flooring with high variation than smaller rooms. In big spaces, the variety of colors looks stunning and beautiful. However, when the rooms are small, the variety in the flooring makes the room look even smaller. In addition, in smaller rooms, most of the flooring is covered so one does not see the deep variety as most of it is covered.
- Statement Piece: The variety of the look makes it a statement piece for the home.
- Hides Traffic Volume: Since these types of flooring have a lot of variety, they can easily hide scuff marks and other damage from high traffic areas.
- Not for Everyone: With its very strong design, the look is not for everyone. It can turn some people off.
- Challenging Installation: Unlike other installs, high variation flooring requires more time to install. It needs some planning and creativity.
Types of High Variation Flooring
- Wood Flooring: Provides a classic choice and can raise the elegance of your home.
- Tile Flooring: This material has grown in popularity and beauty as tile can come in many varieties.
- Vinyl Flooring: Vinyl now comes in waterproof varieties too while replicating woods look.
- Laminate Flooring: An affordable alternative to wood styles.
If you are interested in installing high variation flooring, talk to the experts at Dublin Carpet.