If you’re in the market for a new carpet, congratulations! A fresh carpet can transform the look and feel of your home. But before your carpet installation team arrives, there are a few things you need to do to prep your home for the project. Follow these tips to protect your floors and furniture from damage and to make sure the installation process goes as smoothly as possible.
List of Contents
Before Installation Day
Here’s a checklist of what to do prior to your carpet installation day:
- Ensure your HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems are all in good working order. Your carpet installers will need access to these systems, so it’s essential that they’re up and running.
- Clear out all furniture and items from the rooms where the carpet will be installed. This includes removing all small things like picture frames, lamps, and knick-knacks from surfaces like dressers, nightstands, and coffee tables.
- If you have large pieces of furniture that can’t be moved, cover them with plastic or a drop cloth to protect them from debris.
- Vacuum the floors thoroughly to remove any dust, dirt, or pet hair.
- Remove all shoes at the door to keep carpet fibers clean and dirt-free.
- Make a path from the entryway to the carpet installation area, and remove any rugs or mats that might get in the way. The workers will need to bring in their equipment, so it’s essential to have a clear path.
On Carpet Installation Day
Now it’s time for the carpet installers to do their thing! While they’re working, there are a few things you can do to help them out:
- Keep an eye on your pets. If your pets are wary of strangers or loud noises, it’s best to keep them in a different room while the carpet installation occurs.
- Supervise small children to make sure they stay off the carpet and out of the way of the workers.
- If you have questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask! The installers are there to help, and they want you to be happy with the final product.
After Installation Day
Once the carpet installation is complete, it’s time to do a final walk-through with the installers. Make sure you’re happy with the carpet and that there are no visible imperfections. If everything looks good, they’ll clean up their tools and materials and go their way.
Now it’s time to enjoy your new carpet! With proper care, it will stay looking great for years to come. Be sure to vacuum regularly and spot clean spills as soon as they happen.
Schedule Maintenance Services
One of the best ways to keep your carpet looking its best is to schedule professional cleaning and maintenance services every year. This will remove any dirt, dust, or debris trapped in the carpet fibers and help extend the life of your carpet. It’s an investment that’s well worth it!
Carpet installation can be a big project, but with a bit of preparation, it can go smoothly and leave you with a beautiful new carpet that you’ll enjoy for years to come. Follow these tips, and you’ll be on your way to a successful carpet installation.
Choose Dublin Carpet For Carpet Installation
If you’re looking to install new flooring in your home, our team at Dublin Carpet is here to help. We can provide expert advice and top-quality installation services for any floor. Contact us today at (925) 833-0165 to get started! You can also click here to learn more about the brands and other types of flooring we offer.