The holiday season means festive gatherings with friends and family. For many of us, this makes us take stock of our home’s appearance, and one of the most notable characteristics of a home are its floors. How are your carpets and floors looking? Is your laminate starting to peel up in corners? Are there dark stains and fuzzy spots on your carpet where there shouldn’t be? Installing new flooring before holiday season is the perfect way to make your house feel like a home for your guests.
Do Your Research
Research what materials and options are available for new flooring so that you can make informed decisions.
- Hardwood is a classic choice that adds elegant beauty
- Stone and tile can be stunning additions to modern homes
- Carpeting is often a practical choice that adds coziness and warmth
- Laminate flooring is a low-maintenance option that provides the look of natural wood
- Dublin Carpet offers several other premium flooring options to elevate your home
Reorganize and Pack
To make your floor remodel as simple as possible, declutter your home and move everything out of the renovation zone. If you have limited space, you might consider renting a storage locker to temporarily store your belongings. Pack away items that you won’t need for a few days, and label boxes to indicate where they should be unpacked. It’s also a good idea to cover furniture with plastic sheeting or towels so that they don’t get dusty during the remodel.
Consider Each Room’s Function
When you are planning for your new flooring before holiday season, walk through each room in your home and consider the floor’s function in the space. Are there any spaces that don’t seem to match with their flooring?
For example, if your dining room has carpet, it may be time to install new hardwood flooring that complements the rest of the house.
Choose Your Flooring
There are so many options available for new floors that it can feel overwhelming. To help you narrow down your choices, ask yourself these questions:
- What is my new flooring going to be used for? (Is it mostly decorative or will there be lots of foot traffic?)
- How should the new floor look in relation to the rest of the house, furniture and decor?
- Do I have pets that might damage new floors or leave behind accidents on them? If so, what kind of new flooring is the best option for me?
- What do I want my new floors to feel like underfoot, and how should they look in relation to other materials?
- How easy will it be to clean up after myself, family members and guests who visit during holiday season?
- What are my budget concerns when choosing new flooring?
Call in the Professionals from Dublin Carpet
Before you start ripping up your existing floor, call our professional flooring installation services. We’re here to answer your questions and provide expert advice on the best options for your remodel. To get started, call Dublin Carpet today at (925) 833-0165!