A common way to differentiate your home’s look and bring some beauty is through wall tile. With the shear number of tile options, you can bring a very unique look to your home. Nowadays, intricate wall tile designs are common. You will find them in bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms. You might even find them surrounding your fireplace. The following are some of the types of wall tile:
- Glass: One of the oldest styles of tile which have now evolved to showcase mosaic looks now.
- Ceramic: These were used for pottery and later became common for homes.
- Porcelain: Also used for pottery.
- Metallic: One of the latest styles. It has never been fully popular nor are they necessarily made of real metal. They still have grown in style.
- Marble and Stone: Classic look that you often seen in showers. Nowadays, these come in faux styles.
- Woodlike: These resemble wood but are not necessarily built with wood.
- 3-D: The flat look of many tiles has given way to many 3-D tiles with a lot of texture.
Tiles with intricate patterns are a common trend these days. These have been seen in the middle east but have expanded to the Western world. They involve looks that have many arcs and connected lines. In fact, patterns are often formed through attaching 3-6 tiles together to create a larger shape.
Beyond the styles, the color of the wall tile is another essential factor in decorating your home. Colors come in two finishes: glossy or matte. Most of the recent tiles are done in matte. As for the actual color, we are still in the gray/white color generation. They are classics. If you look at tStrong colors are not very common as they are considered too out there.